Indoor cycling is one of the many forms of exercise that can be done at home. This workout offers a lot of physical and mental benefits, including burning tons of calories. Aside from the obvious benefits you can get from this exercise, many people choose this exercise simply because it’s fun and stress relieving.
Indoor cycling can do so much wonders for your body. Doing this workout will is only great for your figure, it also increase your energy levels.
1. Improved cardiovascular health. Being physically inactive can affect your cardiovascular health, it can even lead to cardiovascular problems. The British Heart Foundation advises all healthy adults between the ages of 18 and 65 to do at least twenty minutes of moderate strength workouts 5 days each week. Cycling is one of the recommended activities, because it can be practiced even by beginners!
2. Good for the back. Indoor cycling is a low-impact aerobic workout that’s good for the back. With this exercise, you will stay seated during the whole activity, so this removes the weight off your body. Also, indoor cycling for at least 30 minutes triggers the production of endorphins in your body. Endorphins are pain killers of the body, thus eliminating the need to take medication for chronic back pain.
3. Builds leg strength. This workout is also great for toning and building lower body strength, most especially in the muscle tendons, quadriceps, buttocks, and calves. This exercise also improves leg strength, without the dangers posed by weight lifting exercises.
4. Burns calories. A person who weighs 150 pounds and joins a 45-minute indoor cycling session can burn over 360 calories- in just one session! This is why this workout is a popular choice for a lot of people who want to lose weight quickly.
5. Great for walkers. This activity is also great for those who enjoy walking. Cycling improves hand and body coordination, which then prevents possible injuries when walking. It also builds strength in the lower body and helps prevents the legs from getting too exhausted. Most importantly, it strengthens the core of your body and helps improve your posture.
Mental and Emotional Benefits
You might be surprised to know that indoor cycling offers more than just physical benefits. Performing this exercise can do a lot for your mind too. These include:
1. Anxiety and stress relief
2. Eases depression symptoms
3. Boosts you self-esteem and confidence
4. Enhances your ability to imagine and concentrate on a particular goal
Indoor cycling offers a variety of physical, mental, and emotional benefits for adults of any age. For those who want to get in shape and have fun, this work out is definitely a good choice. Make sure that you choose the right equipment and bicycle properly to receive the full benefits of this activity.
Photo credits: http://www.livestrong.com